Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Lightworks shaders in artlantis studio 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just came across with Artlantis. Could anybody explain is it possible to use materials I've created with Lightworks shaders in Artlantis studio 4 or I have to create those materials again in Artlantis. They do not export from ArchiCAD with the model for some reason... or am I doing something wrong? The model exports only with materials I can see in 3D window, is it the way how it works?
2 REPLIES 2
Dwight
Newcomer
That is correct. The export relies on the internal engine [and therefore the OpenGL] surface definitions.

Also, it depends what you mean by "shader." Shaders in LightWorks can be real mathematically-generated seamless surfaces. Artlantis mainly uses textural maps to create materials [other than refractive and specialty surfaces]. But Abvent still calls them shaders. Those French: they have a different word for everything! So, there is no direct translated export unless a texture map can be included.

The normal way to make a versatile surface in Archicad is to start with the Internal Engine material texture and match the LightWorks material to it. Then when you export to Artlantis, the correct texture is conveyed.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, explained much. Helpful.