BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Line Type Selection Bug - Archicad 26/MacOS Ventura

__archiben
Booster

Morning team,

Where do we report bugs these days? My Line Type selection area flicks around all over the shop (AC26/MacOS Ventura), but never once aligns with the actual drop-down list of Line Types to choose from. It often hangs about 50mm off to the left of the drop-down, but sometimes gets stuck to the left hand side of the screen.

I have to scrub my mouse around until the selection highlight in the drop-down list activates and then I can run up and down the list until I find the linetype I'm after...

BF

b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
9 REPLIES 9

This is a known issue and has been reported many times. Graphisoft are aware and it is listed as a known bug in the macOS Ventura article. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

Lee, do you know of any fixes for the glitchy line bug? Using arrows is very slow and also very glitchy. I have only just uploaded Version 26. thank you Helen

Have you installed the latest Hotfix for 26? The livetype bug was fixed some time ago now.

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

No, will do. Only just loaded Version 26.  Thank you for your help. 🙂

jackd-fjmt
Participant

@Lee Hankins 

We are finding that some people are having this issue however this happens with projects in Archicad 24 (7006). The issues are coming from computers that have MacOS 13.3 and above.

Is there a fix for this?

I doubt there will be any more updates for 24 so doubt it will ever be fixed there.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

As Barry said, there most likely won’t be any updates for Archicad 24. Graphisoft only maintain the last two versions of Archicad so you will need to upgrade to Archicad 25 or 26. 

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

As others have indicated, AC24 has problems with Ventura. I have the latest updates for both Ventura and AC24 and I can no longer quit AC without generating a stalled (beachball) condition.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

I am having the same issue with AC24 and Big Sur (OSX 11.7.10).

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!