Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Lines change when placing .mod file into a detail

cgrimley
Contributor
We use .mod files for our typical and one-off details, this allows a drag and drop approach to placing details in new projects.
The problem is when placing a .mod file directly into a detail/worksheet/section/elevation the line types and line pen colors change. They typically all go to a hidden line type and the color goes to a custom pen color.
This is not the case when placing a .mod file into a plan view, but we don't want to have to place it in a plan view.

Things I've checked:
1) I've made sure the attributes match (the attribute number, not just the name) between files.
2) Renovation status is the same
3) I've tried copy/paste, drag and drop, and merge from file...
4) This happens in ArchiCAD 22 and 24 (I never used 23)

I've attached some screenshots to show the problem. First one is the .mod, second is in a .pln
Casey Grimley
AC24
iMac Pro (2017) - macOS 10.14.6- 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W - 32GB RAM - Radeon Pro Vega 56 8GB
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
You didn't mention if you had checked Graphic Overrides?

I would suspect attributes not matching.
The thing you have to be careful about with MOD files, is they only contain the attributes that are used in that file.
However when you open a MOD file you will also see all the attributes from your last opened file, so it may seem they are the same at first glance.
Maybe open the MOD file and purge all unused attributes in the Attribute Manager.
Then compare the remaining (used) attributes with those in your main file.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
cgrimley
Contributor
Barry, yep I've checked all attributes, including Graphic Overrides. I also made sure the hotlink was saved as the same version (24).
I did find that using the 'Place Hotlink' from the File menu works just fine, just not drag and drop, merge, or copy/paste. So that'll be my solution.
Casey Grimley
AC24
iMac Pro (2017) - macOS 10.14.6- 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W - 32GB RAM - Radeon Pro Vega 56 8GB
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Casey,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry about the situation!

As we have never seen this before, I'm wondering if you could share with us the MOD file and the host file for further checking? Please let me know if you need a secure place to upload them!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

cgrimley
Contributor
mnguyen wrote:
Hi Casey,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry about the situation!

As we have never seen this before, I'm wondering if you could share with us the MOD file and the host file for further checking? Please let me know if you need a secure place to upload them!
Minh, I've been in touch with Henry Berger at North America Support so I'll coordinate that with him. He's given me an upload link.
Casey Grimley
AC24
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Casey,

Thank you very much for the information. Please let us know the result of the investigation!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT