Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Lines not showing in "Demolition Plan"

David Norman
Participant
Am I missing something simple? On a demolition plan (with Renovation Filter set to "02 Demolition Plan", any lines I try to draw, set to Demolition Status as default, are not visible. The lines are there (the handles show when I select), but remain invisible. Any suggestions?
AC17 | iMac 3.5 i7 | OS 10.9
13 REPLIES 13
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I would guess that you have it overridden to the same color as your screen background. Check the attached image.

Try changing it and let us know if it helps.

Document> Renovation> Renovation Filter Options...

Cheers,
Link.
OVERRIDE.jpg
David Norman
Participant
Link, thanks for your clear reply. However I still can't seem to get lines to be visible in the 02 Demolition filter (wall lines are visible, but not simple drafting lines). Screen shot attached of my renovation settings. Any other thoughts?
Screen Shot 2014-01-08 at 10.20.09 PM.png
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Hmmmm. Have you toggled the 'Do not Override Drafting Fills/Lines' by any chance?

Cheers,
Link.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
What I see in the screenshot is that elements that are assigned the New Elements Reno Status category are hidden when this Reno Filter is activated.
Could this be the cause?
(Although I think it is unlikely since when the "02 Demolition Plan" Filter is activated and New Elements are set to "Hide", you cannot select the New Element status to be assigned, so how could you place it and have it disappear - existing elements may disappear though).

It could also be that this is a display driver issue?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
David Norman
Participant
Link, the 'Do Not Override Drafting Fills/Lines' has not been toggled.

Laszlo, new elements are intentionally hidden, so this is OK. My problem is with "To be demolished" lines being incorrectly hidden in the Demolition plan. Regarding the display driver, I'm not familiar with this so can't comment - however all other elements seem to be displaying properly.

Other suggestions? Thanks.
Karl Ottenstein
Thought I'd test since we're both on Macs in case it is something weird not happening on Windows...

I'm having no problems at all using the settings you show, David.

Link's settings are problematic as lines are over-ridden to a white pen at his step 4 which renders them invisible on a page, or a white-background screen.

Do a cmd-A to select everything in your demo view. If the lines do not appear, then they really are not there.

The only way I can get them to not appear is to have them be tagged as 'new' elements... but you clicked on a SINGLE problematic drafting line (do not select more than one line to check this), and verified either in the Reno palette or the settings dialog that you see the bulldozer/demo icon for sure?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Just to clarify, I was not recommending that you set your override pens to match your background, just that it may be the cause of your problem.

Have you tried setting that override pen to, say, pen 1? Or what happens if you turn off the override for demolition - does the line then appear?

Just doing a bit of trial and error to find the root cause.

Cheers,
Link.
David Norman
Participant
Karl,
I have selected the line that is hidden and I can see the handle (see screen shot below, highlighted in red box). My renovation settings seem to be correct - the hidden line's status is "to be demolished". Can't understand why the hidden lines will not show.

Can renovation settings be returned to 'default' to verify ? Suggestions? Thanks
Screen Shot 2014-01-09 at 10.20.21 AM.png
Karl Ottenstein
David,

Not really sure that I understand where the line is in the screenshot, as I only see one of the two hotspots...

But, yet, you can go back to the defaults to see if that helps. In the Reno Filter Options dialog box you'll see import and export buttons. Start a fresh project from the default template and export each of the filters from there (or at least the Demo, since that's the problematic one here). Then open your project, and Import the filter that you saved from the template.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB