BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Lines not showing in "Demolition Plan"

David Norman
Participant
Am I missing something simple? On a demolition plan (with Renovation Filter set to "02 Demolition Plan", any lines I try to draw, set to Demolition Status as default, are not visible. The lines are there (the handles show when I select), but remain invisible. Any suggestions?
AC17 | iMac 3.5 i7 | OS 10.9
13 REPLIES 13
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Maybe the line is very very short so it appears to be a hotspot on the screenshot.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
David Norman
Participant
The other hotspot is several feet off the screenshot to the left, so the line is there, but hidden.

I'll try opening a new test project with default settings to see if I can get this problem to replicate. Puzzling. Thanks.
David Norman
Participant
FOUND THE PROBLEM, with the help of Nick at Graphisoft Support. The Line Category was set to 'Skin Separator Line'; when I change this to 'Drafting Line' my lines are visible. I guess the Skin Separator Line was being overridden due to Renovation Filter options.

Working with the Renovation Filter is new to me, and adds another level of complexity. Thanks All for your replies.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Ahhh, I had dismissed that as you had specified it as a drafting line!

Oh well, glad Nick helped you solve your issue!

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!