Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Linked Label Warning

JaseBee
Advocate
Hi Talkers,

Does anyone know of any add-ons or settings or anything that would cause a warning message before deletion of elements with labels linked?

I can't find any settings in AC and am pretty sure it would have to be an add-on (if even possible) or something similar.

Reason for asking is with the increased automation of labels we're using them more and more for documentation, which is great for displaying correct up to date information. However if your making drastic changes to the model (i.e. deletion and redrawing) then it can be easy to fail to notice labels dropping off the documentation as a result.

Does anyone else find this an issue?
Jase.
AC 24 5004 AUS
iMac OSX (10.13.6) 4.2ghz i7
8gb ram/8gb vram
2 REPLIES 2
runxel
Legend
Well, if you have a linked label and delete the labeled element, then there is obviously nothing to label anymore.
But I guess you're using "dumb" labels....?
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
JaseBee
Advocate
Haha, yes I realise that.

I was thinking more along the lines of you select an element, say a wall, and hit delete, before it executes the delete a popup warning is received:

"This element has labels associated to it. Are you sure you want to delete?"

yes/no

Or something to that effect.
AC 24 5004 AUS
iMac OSX (10.13.6) 4.2ghz i7
8gb ram/8gb vram