Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Linked Markers from separate Archicad Files

Narska
Advocate
This happens when importing views from another ArchiCAD file into the layouts of the main file.

1. Source markers display correct linking.
2. Linked markers lose their link.

I sow this topic discussed in another discussion but did not find it satisfying.

Is this a bug or an inbuilt limitation of Archicad?
Tomasz Mlynarski
New York based Architect
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Can you post which Archicad version this is happening in (e.g. AC24 INT Update 5000)?

What kind of Markers are these? Detail Markers? Worksheet Markers?

Do I see it correctly that you have an Elevation Viewpoint, and there you placed these Markers (in the other project file)?

The Linked Marker, what type of Marker is it, and what type of Viewpoint it is linked to? The Viewpoint it is linked to: is it set to Auto-rebuild, Manual rebuild, or Drawing type?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Narska
Advocate
AC24 USA 4018 running on Mac.

This is happening to all my linked markers in every type of viewpoint. It does not matter whether they are on a floor plan, worksheet, or elevation. It does not matter if they ArchiCAD markers or costume-built ones and it does not matter what they link to. Source markers display the correct link.

Same behavior whether they are linked to drawings or live views.

The drawings are always manual update. I will see if that could be a problem.

I have a teamwork file that is my main model file and then I have a teamwork file that I created layout sheets in. The same thing is happening when I import views from a teamwork file into a newly created solo file. Linked markers lose their link.

Is this behavior a normal limitation, some kind of bug, or some kind of specific issue to my situation?
LaszloNagy wrote:
Can you post which Archicad version this is happening in (e.g. AC24 INT Update 5000)?

Do I see it correctly that you have an Elevation Viewpoint, and there you placed these Markers (in the other project file)?

The Linked Marker, what type of Marker is it, and what type of Viewpoint it is linked to? The Viewpoint it is linked to: is it set to Auto-rebuild, Manual rebuild, or Drawing type?
Tomasz Mlynarski
New York based Architect
Narska
Advocate
Here you can see 3 different types of markers exhibiting the same behavior. The view in the source file and the view as seen in the external file.

Narska wrote:
AC24 USA 4018 running on Mac.

This is happening to all my linked markers in every type of viewpoint. It does not matter whether they are on a floor plan, worksheet, or elevation. It does not matter if they ArchiCAD markers or costume-built ones and it does not matter what they link to. Source markers display the correct link.

Same behavior whether they are linked to drawings or live views.

The drawings are always manual update. I will see if that could be a problem.

I have a teamwork file that is my main model file and then I have a teamwork file that I created layout sheets in. The same thing is happening when I import views from a teamwork file into a newly created solo file. Linked markers lose their link.

Is this behavior a normal limitation, some kind of bug, or some kind of specific issue to my situation?
LaszloNagy wrote:

Tomasz Mlynarski
New York based Architect
Narska
Advocate
So I figured out the issue.

Linked markers can not be linked to "selected drawing".

They must use "Use first placed drawing of selected view".

Archicad should document this somewhere. I didn't see anywhere when trying to figure out the problem.
Tomasz Mlynarski
New York based Architect
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for sharing this finding. The solution worked for me for the most part. It still doesn't work for external drawings though; say if there's a tag linking to a photo. Has anyone found a way around this? I'll update if I figure something out.
Learn and get certified!