Document & Visualize forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked PMK's Missing information

Anonymous
Not applicable
Question asked back in escirbe
http://www.escribe.com/software/archicadtalk/m33088.html
Dealing with PM 3.0 Still the same problem with PM 3.1

I am using Publish in AC7.03 to create PMKs from saved Quickviews. (using Publisher and also trying save as PMK. The Floor Plan PMKs update in PM3 (or fresh import) with walls & other things missing. I try and update again, and still the PMK is lacking information. While I publish PMK's with the option to "save visible layers only", I tried opening the placed PMK's And turning on all the layers. Still missing layer information, mostly walls

Do I really need to move all AC 7.03 projects to AC8.1 and save PMK's or direct link?

The Template Layout book (LBK) has previously placed PMK's with names like Floor Plan.PMK, Floor Plan 2.PMK, Front Elevation.PMK and so on. When opening the Template file for a new project the "Read all from" option is selected and I browse to the Project PMK folder. All PMK "Re-link" with Status "OK", but information is missing. What seems to work most times is clearing ALL references to "defective" PMK's from the Drawing usage dbx and FIRST going back AC 7.03 and publishing the PMK's (even if nothing has changed since the last creation of the PMK) once more, than back in PM re-import ALL the PMK's again. Also, because I use different Pens in PM that must now be changed again. Thankfully I can use another placed PMK to copy the pens from using the syringe tool. Kind of defeats the perpose of the template file.

This is a pain and unsettling that the PMKs do not link properly.
4 REPLIES 4

Djordje
Advisor
Jay wrote:
The Template Layout book (LBK) has previously placed PMK's with names like Floor Plan.PMK, Floor Plan 2.PMK, Front Elevation.PMK and so on. When opening the Template file for a new project the "Read all from" option is selected and I browse to the Project PMK folder. All PMK "Re-link" with Status "OK", but information is missing. What seems to work most times is clearing ALL references to "defective" PMK's from the Drawing usage dbx and FIRST going back AC 7.03 and publishing the PMK's (even if nothing has changed since the last creation of the PMK) once more, than back in PM re-import ALL the PMK's again. Also, because I use different Pens in PM that must now be changed again. Thankfully I can use another placed PMK to copy the pens from using the syringe tool. Kind of defeats the perpose of the template file.

This is a pain and unsettling that the PMKs do not link properly.
You should check layer combinations BY PLACED DRAWING (Options). They are set for the initially placed PMKs. Change them. Also, BEFORE Reading all from ... go to Options/Preferences, and uncheck Layers from the Attributes checkbox. That should replace layer settings by the layer settings of the relinked PMK.

Had this problem last week, and solved it this way.
Djordje



ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen

Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
You should check layer combinations BY PLACED DRAWING (Options). They are set for the initially placed PMKs.Change them
I don't understand what this means Not completely possitive but the PMK in the template (say Floor Plan.PMK) should have the same layer combinations since the template PMK files where created from the AC template that I always use, which always was the same Floor Plan Quickviews, which are saved with the layer combinations.
Djordje wrote:
. Also, BEFORE Reading all from ... go to Options/Preferences, and uncheck Layers from the Attributes checkbox. That should replace layer settings by the layer settings of the relinked PMK.
I will try this now. Worked only after new creation of PMK in AC and an update in PM. This is good since now I do not have to delete any previosly placed PMK's. Fingers crossed. Now to solve my Title Type zoom all problem.

Still no SpellCheck.

Djordje
Advisor
Jay wrote:
Djordje wrote:
You should check layer combinations BY PLACED DRAWING (Options). They are set for the initially placed PMKs.Change them
I don't understand what this means Not completely possitive but the PMK in the template (say Floor Plan.PMK) should have the same layer combinations since the template PMK files where created from the AC template that I always use, which always was the same Floor Plan Quickviews, which are saved with the layer combinations.
If you select a placed PMK and open the Options pull down menu, you will see Drawing Layers - click on it and it will show you whether the drawing uses the right layer combo or not. If not, change the layer combo (provided yours is in the list, which it should be) and check the drawing (rebuild if necessary).

Clear now?
Djordje



ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen

Anonymous
Not applicable
Clear now?
Yes I usually select the PMK and type Ctlrl+L to do this. I understand. And in this case that did not work.

Start a new conversation!

Labels

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!