Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Linking autotext

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it possible to place text onto a view & link that text to a layout page?

As an example I often place a note referring to a layout sheet, if that sheet changes order or position, I have to remember to update my notes on various plans.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes. Go to the layout you want to reference and select a drawing on that layout. Right-click and "Set as Autotext reference". Go to the view where your text is, and while editing that text hit the Autotext button. In the Autotext category select the 'Reference for "xxx" ', and "Layout ID ref" will be your layout number, "Layout Name ref" is, funnily enough, your layout name. As usual I have made it sound harder than it really is
This will update if you change your layouts around as long as the selected drawing remains.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Stu, yes id did look a little hard for my small brain
But it works a treat, thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Brilliant, I am auto text referencing everything, I knew there must be a way to do this, but just hadn't got round to looking for the answer.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep, it works but is a long-winded way of doing something which should be straight forward. Which has got me thinking - it would be nice if you could use Autotext to select the reference from a list, similar to the way you can place a linked marker for sections or details.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I suppose as I have just found a way to automate something which will make my life easier, it seems fine.
But I might agree that it is long winded after I have been using it for a while, but I am very happy with it right now.