Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Linking publisher sets to Masters

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
Im in the process of setting up a template for our office to use, and I want to simplify the print/publish process. So i have setup a series of different publisher sets (full size, half size, full size color, half size color, pdf, etc..) and I have a basic layout book setup and put into the publisher sets.

The problem i am having is, if an employee adds a layout, in the layout book, it doesn't automatically get added to the publisher set that the Layout subset is assigned to. You have to manually open the Organizer and drag and drop the new layout. Is there any way around this?

In other words, I want all layouts that have the ABM 22x34 master assigned to them, to automatically be put into the following publisher sets:
ABM Full size 22x34
ABM half size 11x17

Is this even possible? Or is the Organizer drag and drop a necessity?

I can just see future problems of plotting a whole set late in the project right after adding one more sheet, and then finding out that that new sheet didnt get into the set because the person forgot to drag and drop it into the publisher set.
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly
Don't drag your layout pages to the publisher sets.
Select them and use the "Add Shortcut >>>" button.
If you have your layout pages in folders then you only have to add a shortcut for the main folder.

Now if anything changes in the layout sets then the publisher sets will update automatically.

Barry.
publisher_shortcut.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11