Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

List of Drawings

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe we're still stuck in the 20th century, but I'm just now working on getting an automated drawing list on our cover sheet. So, I'm using the "Sheet Index" as a base and making my own custom one (all I want is the drawing name and number). I have a couple questions/problems....

We number our cover/title sheet as T-1 and our architectural drawings as A1.1 for foundation plan, A1.2 For first floor, etc. This creates a problem. The T-1 comes up last on our drawing list. Since I want the drawings listed in order, what can/should I do???

Another problem is when we use consultants, how do we get their drawings to show on our cover sheet? We normally have them send us PDF's and add them to the printed set when we're done. If we're trying to be as automated as possible, how do you achieve this?

I am interested to know how people do their drawing lists in general. We usually have to manually type them in at the end, so anything more automated would be much welcomed.
19 REPLIES 19
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
The list will return the Subsets in the order they appear in the Criteria Panel (see attached). We create 'dummy' layouts for our consultants' sheets -- it's a work-around, but doesn't require any additional effort than entering the sheet name/numbers as we usually would.
Index Settings.jpg
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Unfortunately, a lot of Architects here prefer to track the sheets submitted at each issue in a matrix (see attached), which defeats the purpose of an automated Drawing Index. I haven't figured out a way to make this happen in AC in an efficient manner.
Sheet Index Matrix.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laura,

We use folders to put our sheets in (ex: Floorplan folder has all floorplans in it so we can use the automatic numbering). When I try to break the criteria
down into values, it lists only the folders themselves. I cannon select individual sheets, so I cannot put some before others. Can you help with this?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry if that is completely confusing.
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
If I'm understanding you correctly -- the 'folders' you refer to are the Subsets -- and perhaps your T-1 sheet is within your floor plan Subset and this is why it is listing last? Attached is a screen shot of our typical Layout Book within the Navigator, which corresponds to the previously attached Index Settings dialog.
Navigator - Layout.jpg
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
...and the resultant list...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope our T-1 cover sheet is not in a subset, and not showing at all. Should I put it in one/do I need to for it to show up?
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Steven wrote:
Nope our T-1 cover sheet is not in a subset, and not showing at all. Should I put it in one/do I need to for it to show up?
Ah -- yes -- place the T-1 sheet within a Subset so you can control where it is listed within the Layout Book.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok I placed it in a subset and redid the sheet index. Even though I put it at the beginning of the criteria, it still puts the sheet names alphabetically, making T-1 the last sheet listed.