Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

List of Drawings

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe we're still stuck in the 20th century, but I'm just now working on getting an automated drawing list on our cover sheet. So, I'm using the "Sheet Index" as a base and making my own custom one (all I want is the drawing name and number). I have a couple questions/problems....

We number our cover/title sheet as T-1 and our architectural drawings as A1.1 for foundation plan, A1.2 For first floor, etc. This creates a problem. The T-1 comes up last on our drawing list. Since I want the drawings listed in order, what can/should I do???

Another problem is when we use consultants, how do we get their drawings to show on our cover sheet? We normally have them send us PDF's and add them to the printed set when we're done. If we're trying to be as automated as possible, how do you achieve this?

I am interested to know how people do their drawing lists in general. We usually have to manually type them in at the end, so anything more automated would be much welcomed.
19 REPLIES 19
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Within the Fields panel of the Index Settings dialog, make sure you are listing by ID first, then by name.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep got that, still showing up at the end...
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Steven wrote:
Yep got that, still showing up at the end...
Then I'm at a loss -- perhaps it's a bug within AC12, as we're still using AC11, but (as you can see from my examples) it's working for us.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok I'll look into it. Maybe I just need to poke around a bit...

Thank you immensely for your time and expertise.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
If you structure your layout book in the same order you want them indexed (typical IME), then you should just be able to use an all-encompassing subset as criteria and you won't need to apply any sorting whatsoever.

As you can see in the image it works (in AC12 2325).

Please note that since GS won't allow us to use subsets as index fields (still!), that I have used custom text to show the different sections of the document set. Then manually entered these headings into the index. Consequently they aren't live.

Cheers,
Link.
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Link wrote:
...you should just be able to use an all-encompassing subset as criteria ....
I should have made note that the primary purpose of our Layout Book is construction documentation, so we don't bother with an additional "all-encompassing" Subset, although it's a perfectly logical practice.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok I've tried it as suggested, and it still wants to organize things alphabetically. Any ideas???
Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems that no matter how many times I try, I cannot get it to be in the order I want...
Karl Ottenstein
Steven wrote:
It seems that no matter how many times I try, I cannot get it to be in the order I want...
It's because your TELLING it to sort alphabetically! See Link's screenshot - with no sorting - and your screenshot which says to sort alphabetically (the down-arrow).

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh.. stupid me...

Thank you Karl.