BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Living Room Interior (WIP)

Anonymous
Not applicable
My work in progress. I would like some questions and comments on it. I also have an animation of this room that i did. If you wanna check it out just pm me for a link.
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
ArchiCad 9 render? I like it, I always be impressed when I see indoor renders like that.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Kjverine

I like the materials that you have used.

Just something I noticed - the camera angle for this shot seems a little weird because everything seems to be in a "pyramid" kind of slant towards the ceiling. I had such comments from people before about my renderings when I started giving it a go, and found that I have to tilt the roll angle higher to straighten things out.
Anonymous
Not applicable
keep your eye level and target point level at the same z-value, and your verticals will remain straight.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Very nice, how are made holes in the roof? using GDL?
Is it made in ArchiCAD?
Dwight
Newcomer
For some time now, archicad has been able to cut holes in slabs using connected lines or fill shapes. It involves the magic wanding of the shape with the target slab selected to create the void.

Call me : MisceginatedMan
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
The surface structure of ceiling and wall is different.
It is strange for my eyes....
Clading structure for ceiling,and wallpaper for walls...
The surface of ceiling should be almost same like the wall in my opinion.
Dwight
Newcomer
Most interior spaces have a white ceiling to balance the effect of the wall color.

Since the rendering mistakenly includes lots of ceiling, you see it as a part of this scene, but in real life, rooms are too small for the ceiling to be part of the experience.

Unless it is the 1600's, and you are at the Vatican getting dressed yet another time to see the Pope. Then the ceiling is important because they make you wait for days and there is no television or off-track to occupy you.

Rooms would become dark and deadened with color if the ceiling didn't provide some neutral light reflection.
Dwight Atkinson
Djordje
Ace
Dwight wrote:
For some time now, archicad has been able to cut holes in slabs using connected lines or fill shapes.
Something like 10 years, that I know of ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Dwight
Newcomer
The corollary to:
"You don't know what you don't know"
is:
"When you don't know you don't know."
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!