Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Lock view extent for CineRender on different computers

PVBergkrantz
Expert
Hello. We just discovered a big issue when it comes to rendering 3d views on different computers: the extent of the picture is in part determined by the proportions of the screen/window.

If the view is set with specfic dimensions in the PhotoRender settings, this very same view will crop differently depending on the proportions of the specific users window or screen. It even makes a difference if the user stretches his toolbars a bit, thus changing the size of the viewport window. See attached picture for a clearer explanation. This is a huge issue if you are doing renderings and then photoshopping or doing other changes to the images in post processing, and rely on just changing the base image without shifting the perspective.

It is unsustainable to rely on a single computer/user/workspace setup to render images. Does anyone have a method or a workaround to avoid this, or is there something I am missing in terms of locking a view to an exact specific view.
| AC 25 Int | Win10 | i7-7800X | 32 GB | GeForce RTX 2060 6GB |

12 REPLIES 12
Lingwisyer
Guru
The "Set Window Size..." works fine for me on Win10

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Barry Kelly
Carstenem wrote:
On windows 7 right click on the 3D tab and choose the set windows size will undock the 3D window just as on a Mac.

Or right click anywhere in the 3D window and choose 'Set window size'.
The 'undock' command for any window in Windows OS is the button between the minimise and maximise buttons.
There is no need to undock first, just 'Set window size' as Carsten pointed out.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
PVBergkrantz
Expert
I see, right clicking in the view and changing size works. Previously I tried undocking and clicking on the top bar, and selecting "Size" which did nothing, I guess thats a built in windows function and not an AC one. Using the other worked, and is a kind of workaround for rendering on multiple computers. Thanks for the help (but fix this Graphisoft!)
| AC 25 Int | Win10 | i7-7800X | 32 GB | GeForce RTX 2060 6GB |