BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Long Rendering time here too.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Guys.
I am having a hell of a time trying to get this project animated.
I think I would like it to render the movie so it is fast and I can just slow it down in imovie.
these renderings are taking like 20 hours or more.

I am confused about some of the settings.

1. under Camera settings and Path the "in between Frames" is that how many pictures it is taking between cameras?
2. under Create Fly Through Settings: is a KEYFRAME the cameras i put in there?
3. Result- I use the quick time movie file, then go to image compression: I have Cinepak, Animation and MPEG4 among my options, is there one of these that you guys recommend over the other?
4. Frames per second- this only controls how fast the movie will roll right? So I can set this to 8 frames per second and it will be fast and I can slow it down in i movie? this doesn't make it choppy right?
5. I have an option to check key frame, and then it wants to know how many keyframes, 100 is always the default, but I thought the key frames were the cameras.
6. I am making this movie for someones website. I am rendering it with lightworks. do you have a recommendation for resolution and size that would be best for viewing on the web? I am doing resolution-100, and size is about 5x7 inches.

i am on movie number 22! right now, I have researched this whole internet (Yes the entire internet) and this forum, I am at wit's end.
Pleez help me?

Oh, thirdly, do you think I should just be doing this with another software all together, if so which one do you recommend? I tried Virtual Building Explorer but I want it to be lightworks rendered not Open GLm and I couldn't get it to record. I see a lot about artlantis, is that what I should be using?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Dwight
Newcomer
It is relatively simple to do an Archicad rendering with Artlantis.
They have a straight-forward plug-in to transfer data.
It is much faster and better than that lousy LightWorks.
You will remember my lack of love for LightWorks from our seminar together years ago.

And there's a great book to get you started with Artlantis.

Try the demo - fully functional but watermarked.
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
As for size and compression:

Don't make a movie.

Make the animation as a series of stills and use QuickTime Pro 7 or another video editor later to convert the quality stills into a movie.

This gives you many alternatives to reduce the image size and compression codec to be compatible with the data streaming rate your client's website supports.

You can also do simple fades.

The web designer should tell you what they want for size. Artlantis is so fast that you can do much larger renderings.....

websitehelpers.com

www.larryjordan.biz
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
G'day,

Dwight, I'm wondering if you know of any tutorials to do with creating those stills into movies? I'm been trying for awhile, using After Effects but yeah, I'm not pro.

If you do know of any, I would be very thankful!

Hayden
Dwight
Newcomer
I use QuickTime Pro and IMovie, See this for a primer:

QuickTime Guide
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!