BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Losing a drawing in a "viewport"

Anonymous
Not applicable
You'll have to excuse me but I'm coming from an AutoCAD background. My problem is this, I make a window on a sheet for elevations in the layout book and the next time I go back to it the drawing has shifted from the view. The only way I have found to get the drawing back inside the window is to increase the size of the window, locate the drawing, move the drawing back to the extents of the titleblock and then resize the window once again. So my question is two-fold, 1) what causes the drawing to shift like that, is there a drawing plane anchor I can set somewhere? and if not 2) is there an easier way to locate a misplaced drawing in a window without having to reshape the window itself?
1 REPLY 1
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
rspierenburg:

What you might try is:
1. Select the drawing, open its dialog box and under Frame select Fit Frame to drawing. This will set the drawing size to the drawing's content in its original location.
2. Now drag the drawing to its proper location on the Layout.
3. Again, open the drawing's dialog box and under Properties, set an appropriate anchor point, so the drawing will expand/contract correctly if the extents of its contents is changed.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

HTH,

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!