BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

MVO missing

filip
Booster

I'm having a problem with the saved views and MVO.

In some saved views, I have an MVO missing, although, there is an MVO with that same name, when I open the View list or Drawing manager, I don't have a report anywhere to list that MVO is missing from some views.

So I have to go manually through each view setting and check if there is an MVO missing.

I don't know how that happened as well, as I didn't change MVO's name.

Is there a way to check which views have the MVO missing?

This is currently happening on Archicad 23 project.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
JaseBee
Advocate

You can make a project index to list all the saved views (or filter it to show ones with missing MVO status if you like).

My guess for how it happened would maybe be importing a MVO?

Im usually updating our office template with changes and my workflow for MVO's is;

-> delete the MVO -> import the new version (same name) ->relink views

If you don't delete the previous then the import creates a duplicate (i'd rather delete them first than import, delete and rename). Unfortunately the saved views don't see them as the same MVO, so I have to go through and re-link. 😞

Would love a better workflow for this BTW if anyone has any suggesions... Graphic override import has similar issues too....

AC 24 5004 AUS
iMac OSX (10.13.6) 4.2ghz i7
8gb ram/8gb vram
Djordje
Ace

Just redefine the views with the correct MVO, even if it named the same.

Especially in TeamWork environment, it can happen that MVOs of the same name, that are actually different, are created by different users. Attribute management, anyone? 🙂

Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen

Yes, I've created a project index that lists all saved views, and it lists the MVOs, but I don't know how to filter it to show missing MVOs

JaseBee
Advocate

Add criteria that is "MVO" is not "MVO Name" for each of your MVO sets and all that will be left are missing ones.

AC 24 5004 AUS
iMac OSX (10.13.6) 4.2ghz i7
8gb ram/8gb vram
Learn and get certified!