Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Magic Disappearing Text

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi again,
Seems I only write when I need money, I know. I mean, when there's a problem.
Today it is this:
I have text on a Master Layout which has in the recent past printed splendidly, and without hesitation.
Now, it is not printing, though it is apparent on both the Master and any layout which uses that Master. It also does not appear when I generate a preview for printing, nor when I create a PDF from the print window. The fonts used are also used elsewhere in the same Master, which print fine.
Weird.
BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!
When I open the same file on a co-worker's computer, it prints just as I intend!
When I open another file on my own computer, it loses the text, in just the same way!
AND...when I move the font ELSEWHERE on the SAME MASTER layout, it will print fine!
What do you make of this?
Do you get it?
I don't get it.
I am a frayed knot.
heh heh heh whee
...thanks, for any leads on this one.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Follow-up image:
This is a sample of what I can make on my screen, but when I print, I only get text in the UPPER boxes; the lower boxes are solid black.
Thanks again---
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,
Really? 69 views and no response?
Perhaps I didn't explain my problem well; perhaps no one has experienced anything like it.
The problem persists, so any help would be most welcome!
Thanks,
John

javascript:emoticon(':)')
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I would do the stupid but sometimes workable thing: uninstall ArchiCAD, delete Preferences (make sure to Export your Work Environment before you do it), then reinstall AC.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laslo,
Thanks for the thought...it may be the only solution. Sometimes wish I could do that to myself.
John
Anonymous
Not applicable
All:
What I determined, after much micro-fiddling with positions, justifications, and juxtapositions, is that the text block needed to be within the print margins of my layout page. This text was autofill, and I had it right-justified; the left corners of the block were outside the margins. Once I moved them to within the margin, the text printed fine.
HOWEVER, TWO MYSTERIES REMAIN:
1) It used to work just fine on my computer, without changing the location of the text block
2) It prints just fine on my coworker's computers, without changing the location of the text block.
All of this leads me to think that there is a setting - - somewhere - - regarding what to print, and what not to print, that I somehow changed on my own computer.
Any takers?
Yours,
John