Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Make zone category transparent

Milan
Booster

It's possible that there is no option to override graphic of zone category fill from Solid, to for example 25% keeping in mind that the Zone Category color should be Foreground color and no background as it's messed up now. For the fill of 25% one color should be 0 - transparent, and second one as the category color. Right now, it's impossible to choose Foreground as 0-transparent. How many versions of the software, and this was noticed by no-one... Frustrating! 

Screenshot 2022-09-16 143504.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
DGSketcher
Legend

AC has never offered a transparent option for the Foreground pen as it doesn't really make sense. The foreground can be anything from solid to pattern to a % fill pattern or off. The background is always required to fill the shape to the boundary with either a solid colour or no colour. You can select a Background Fill pattern and the foreground pen will be ignored. If you have a look in your AC standard template file at the available Zone Graphic Overrides you might get a better idea of how AC handles these overrides. 

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

I think you didn't understand me. I have zone categories, 5 of them each with different color, but as applying them, they are solid, not transparent. I need to see furniture underneath for example, but still keeping in mind color schemes for differ. categories. 

I perfectly got the ideas how Graphic Overrides work for zone templates, and I'm telling you that 3 color circle icon needs to be on Foreground part, so I can choose transparent or any other color as Background. Not stupidly opposite as it's now. 

I don't disagree the GO's should have the same colour override options for foreground as background, but the custom colour option is a new feature that is a work in progress with foreground to follow at some point.

In terms of current workflows there are numerous ways to expose the furniture including:

1. Simply changing the display order position of the zone stamp backwards or bringing the furniture forwards.

2. Change the Zone Settings > Floor Plan colour & fill override settings

3. Assign a GO for each Zone category

If you need a unique foreground colour you can add it to your pen set  where you have access to the RGB values.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Ah so, there is no a quick step... Again, we have to make a large set of arrangements. Thank you!!