Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Making object send out light

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I'm an architect who works with AC15 since about 10 months.

I hope someone can help me, I can't find anything on the web for this problem, altough I don't think the sollution is hard.

Here we go:
As you can see in the picture there are 5 tubes planted under the building. Now I want those five tubes send out some light, as if they are built out of LED in 5 different collours. How can I establish this?

The second problem is that I want to make a night shot. I'm not sure how I can put off the sun.

I always make photorenderings with the lightwork rendering engine. For my materials I always choose match with internal Engine. This is probably not the best way of making te right material?

Can someone help me?

Thx!!
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can turn off the sun under "Photorendering settings"

You can't make materials to give light in ArchiCad, you need lamp-objects for that kind of things. Though you can make materials to 'shine' but those materials don't cast light on other materials.

The easiest way to get what you want is to make those changes in photoshop. Next step is to buy Artlantis 4.1 that have a real nice workflow with archicad and is very easy to use. Next step that works very good with ArchiCad is Maxwell render, it will take alot more time to learn, take alot more time to render but will give you awsome result.
Anonymous
Not applicable
hmmm,

At least I've got some answers. Thank you very much!
I'm affraid I can't work that good with photoshop.

Maybe I'll check out Artlantis as you suggested.

Thx!
Dwight
Newcomer
An array of general lights will create the effect you need: set shadows off.

Also: make a new material with the desired colour and set the LightWorks engine PIPELINE to Graphisoft Emission and set the colour as you want it. This makes the material glow.

Artlantis has a free trial.
Dwight Atkinson