Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Managing Favourites

David Shorter
Advisor
I seem to be missing something fundamental here.
For example
I have a number of door favourites. I use them to place doors in various situations but when I go back to the project a couple of weeks later I don't seem to be able to check which doors were placed using favourites and even which favourites where used to place the doors in the first place.
I don't seem to be able to manage the favourites.
What am I missing and how do I mange the application of favourites?
Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
3 REPLIES 3
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Favourites are more of a template to get you started, they are not linked to your model.

I suppose by combining Find & Select or a schedule and a clever naming scheme for your favourites you could set up something with a few steps that would allow for quickly changing things based on favourites, but really at that point it is just another way of changing settings.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is one of the reasons I made this wish, It will be good to have associative favorites.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=53004
Tim Ball
Expert
Another approach would be to set up a schedule that looks for the door information that you want to check throughout the model. You could easily check for sizes, surfaces, door leaf types, fire rating - anything really. The pick them off in the schedule to update if they are not correct.

I use schedules a lot to quality check my drawings
Tim Ball

AC26, iMac

User since V5