BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Managing transmittals in large projects

Sabrina
Booster

Hi! 

How are people managing the book settings and transmittals in larger projects where drawings are being issued in stages?

I am currently working on a big project (teamwork file) with other architects and we are all issuing drawings for different stages / areas of this project. 

However it is proving really hard to use the layout book to organize the transmittals for several users (closing and reopening issues) as well as not being able to use the same revision for multiple transmitted sets.

Ie. The architect issuing slab setouts on revision A last week and myself issuing interior packages as revision A this week. Then wall setouts the next week and so on. For each new transmittal the revision changes although the particular set has only been issued once

At this time we are all doing this manually, meaning constantly changing and updating drawing lists, transmittal histories, title blocks etc but it is not ideal 

2 REPLIES 2
scottjm
Advisor

Can you provide some details on the exact workflows you are currently using?  

Are you using changes clouds placed on the layout sheets to initiate the drawing to rev up?

How many layout sheets are you managing.  In our office we have run projects with 100-200 layouts sheets in what I feel seems like a similar arrangement to what you are describing.

This webinar describes the system we use in our: office https://www.skewed.com.au/media/webinars/archintensive-2020-art-revision-management

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe

Hi Scott!

Thanks for sharing that link! It helped tremendously

Learn and get certified!