BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Marked Distant Area Pen Set

Chris Grantham
Advocate
I should probably know this by now, but does anyone know where the "marked distant area" pens come from in sections or elevations? I am not talking about just the uniform pen... For Some reason all of my elements in distance are showing with fatter pens. Thanks in advance!
-Chris
16" MacBook Pro M1 Max
Mac OS 12.2.1
ArchiCAD 25 Build 6005
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
They are selected in the settings of the sections/elevations (it is not a global setting). This can be adjusted in their settings dialog or in the info palette if enabled in the work environment.
Chris Grantham
Advocate
Thank you for the response Matthew. For some reason the only pen to adjust that I see is that of the uniform pen. Am I missing something?
16" MacBook Pro M1 Max
Mac OS 12.2.1
ArchiCAD 25 Build 6005
Anonymous
Not applicable
It is just a single pen for distant elements, not a complete pen set. I thought you were just trying to fix the fatness.
Chris Grantham
Advocate
Sorry Matthew, I still can't find what you are referring to. All I see is the uniform pen option. When I have a chance later today, I'll post some screen shots. Thanks!
16" MacBook Pro M1 Max
Mac OS 12.2.1
ArchiCAD 25 Build 6005
Anonymous
Not applicable
Assuming you are looking under the marked distant area settings the uniform pen setting is the one you are looking for.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew,

I have this same issue. I set the elevations to have a marked distant area, but I have not checked the box for "uniform pen for uncut contours". Yet, they all look uniform, and when I print, they are very dark and do not appear distant at all. Where is the pen color for "stuff" outside of the distant area if you don't have the uniform setting checked??
Chris Grantham
Advocate
Steven,
I am still confused as to how the marked distant area pens are defined without using the "uniform pen" option. Does AC just select some gray scale pen on its own? I think it would be great if there were separate controls for individual elements, but then again will I really ever have the time worry about distant pen weight differences? Since I originally posted this, I have just gone with a light grey thin line for my distant area, as the only information I am trying to convey from that part of the drawing is general context. I am however interested to see what comes of this in the long run...
Glad I am not the only one struggling with this.

-Chris
16" MacBook Pro M1 Max
Mac OS 12.2.1
ArchiCAD 25 Build 6005
Learn and get certified!