BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Master Layout Costum Size

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a minimum to the custom size of the Master Layout in AC 13/14?
I am trying to set up a business card layout 85x54 mm. I can not get it smaller than 85x80 mm. Is it not possible or what do I do wrong?
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
hello,
my advice would be to use scale.
For example chose 850x540 dimensions.
Later, scale then printing.

I tried master layout margins, looks like 80x80 is the limit.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you. There will (always) be work-arounds. I scaled and saved as a pdf, changed it to Tiff in PDF Creator, cropped it with with Gimp. Now I have the result I want.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Or set up an A4 layout sheet. In archicad you can set up multiples of your business arranged to print on the A4 sheet, or just one card and place multiples of this drawing on the layout.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
That's how I normally would do it. But this one had to be a single business card and Tiff. I printed/saved a Tiff file with PDF Creator and used Gimp to convert to the right scale and dpi.
Tip: PDF Creator is much better at saving image files (by printing) than ArchiCAD itself. My attempts to export a layout as Tiff with ArchiCAD gave a very grainy text.
Erika Epstein
Booster
I was addressing setting master and layout to match the size paper you are printing on. I've not seen individual business card sized sheets of paper.

And a tif too
glad you figured it out.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Erika. Neither have I. This was for upload to a website claiming to have a super duper special deal on quality business cards with extra free gifts to attract new customers.
Apparantly not pro people. Not flexible with the size or format of upload.
The Tiff worked best. But after all this I cancelled the order anyway.
Learn and get certified!