BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Matching the picture in Maxwell

m_ziolo_86
Newcomer
Hi everybody,

I am trying to find the most effective way of matching the background photograph for the rendering with the model from archicad. Since Match Photo tool is rather not good solution, I am exporting AC model to Maxwell studio and there, with the picture set as MXI background channel, I have to manually rotate the camera to make the model fit the picture. Of course this method, depending on one's luck might be quick or really time consuming. Is there any way to make this task more precisely with some tool of Maxwell Studio dedicated for that ? And my another question concerns background MXI file itself. I made MXI file from JPG file. In Maxwell Render it opens normally, but in Maxwell Studio it is of really bad quality. What might be the cause of that ?

I attach print screen :img18.imageshack.us/i/screen1wt.jpg/
Archicad 16, Win 8.1
2 REPLIES 2
TMA_80
Enthusiast
HI

this link may help...it refers to maxwell studio ...
http://www.pushpullbar.com/forums/showthread.php?10997-Rendering-Photomatch-in-Maxwell

& btw, let us know what's the result (if you would like to... )
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
m_ziolo_86
Newcomer
Hello,

I knew this method before so I was really thinking of something more precise similar to Site Insertion Tool in Artlantis or Match Photo Tool in Sketchup. Since there is none I'll have to rotate camera until effect is satisfying.

Even though thanks for reply and help.

Greets.
Archicad 16, Win 8.1
Learn and get certified!