BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Material textures to show in elevation?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I am trying to show material textures in elevation, and from looking at previous threads, it seems that rendering a elevation with a camera is the only option?

I have tried to render an elevation with camera and changing the perspective to parallel projection (side view). As soon as I do this, the camera zooms way out (not positioned where the camera was originally placed) and becomes hard to move around. I also am not prompted with the option to "modify this camera to current view" once in position.

Ideally I would sill want to use the elevation marker as the view but show textures to materials without rendering. This way it will keep my line weights as well (which I prefer) Is this at all possible yet? If not, any suggestions to overcome the issues I am having with the camera option.
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
DuncanB wrote:
Hello,

I have tried to render an elevation with camera and changing the perspective to parallel projection (side view). As soon as I do this, the camera zooms way out (not positioned where the camera was originally placed) and becomes hard to move around. I also am not prompted with the option to "modify this camera to current view" once in position.
In Parallel Projection the camera does not have a physical location as it is effectively an infinite distance away, therefore you cannot place it as you would from a perspective view. In parallel projection mode use the "Look to perpendicular of clicked surface" option in View> 3D Navigation Extras menu, then zoom in to the area you want to view with your mouse scroll wheel. Render this view.

It's a shame you cannot use Image Fills on materials in elevation views the way vectorial fills are assigned, or this would be easy to achieve.
Learn and get certified!