BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Materials

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would either like to make my own wall material, or would like to modify one of the materials that is already there. The material I would like to modify is the 8" vertical siding, I need to change the color. I would also like to make it 6", if I can. Any help would be great. I am trying to resemble 2"x6" Rustic Channel Siding.

Thanks, Michelle
3 REPLIES 3
Thomas Holm
Booster
Do a search. Dwight just posted some useful tips on managing materials.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
start at options --> element attributes --> materials, then find the material you want to alter, hit 'duplicate' and double click on the colors to alter them. Under texture, you can modify proportions.

and do the search to find more
Dwight
Newcomer
Swell. Archicad beginners are often bewildered by the panorama of difficulties that befall material editing.

When someone asks a simple question, it can have several permutations, the most important being:

•is the material to be changed in all rendering modes?

These modes would include
Internal Engine,
OpenGL Engine,
LightWorks Engine
AND the
Analytical Elevation/Section depiction.

ALWAYS BEGIN BY DUPLICATING AND RENAMING AN EXISTING MATERIAL BECAUSE YOU CAN OVERWRITE A MATERIAL EASILY--- AN AMATEUR ERROR!!!

To change a material comprehensively requires several discrete steps:

1: For the Analytical Elevation:
This surface derives its color from the Surface Color box in the Internal Engine mode. It derives its vertical pattern from a fill

To alter the pattern, you must provide a new vector fill with lines at 6"

2: For the Infernal and Open GL Engines:
resize the texture image to 6x6"

3: And the switching to the LightWorks Engine:

Click the "Match Internal" box to transfer the altered values.
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!