Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Maxwell 2.7 plug-in for ArchiCAD

plug in.png

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

40 REPLIES 40
TMA_80
Enthusiast
I can confirm, the marquee selection has no effect on the fire window...Hope this will be fixed...
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
and it's not only the problem with fire, same for renders and export to studio. thanks for the confirmation.
Anonymous
Not applicable
How or will this plug-in will work with Artlanis 4.1 and its option for rendering with Maxwell engine?

Thanks
TMA_80
Enthusiast
I don't think this plugin will work with Artlantis 4.1

the plugin and artlantis are two diffrent things ( eventhough 4.1 has an integrated maxwellrender )
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
TMA_80
Enthusiast
BTW, there is a new plugin update,

the marquee tool works partially, on walls only . ( obviously a remaining bug)
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
the plugin and artlantis are two diffrent things ( eventhough 4.1 has an integrated maxwellrender )
Will that mean paying twice for use of same Maxwell rendering engine???
TMA_80
Enthusiast
No.

You can choose

1- pay an additional €500 to get the maxwell core inside Artlantis
http://www.abvent.fr/emailing/view_s_emailing.php?id=2402

2-Or to buy the maxwellrender suite with the integrated plugin in ArchiCad
http://www.maxwellrender.com/index.php/maxwell_render_suite/buy
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
TMA_80 wrote:
BTW, there is a new plugin update,

the marquee tool works partially, on walls only . ( obviously a remaining bug)
indeed, but this is still not a solution! i guess the problem was that as the proxy objects are not part of the archicad geometry(but just links to mxs files in archicad 3d space), they could not be cut(ignored) by selection, marquee and cutting planes inside archicad because proxies as dummy objects are replaced only after the geometry has been sent to maxwell render. this might be unsurmountable difficulty to resolve in the plugin but i personally wouldn't worry about not being able to cut proxies which usually are quite small objects(people, furniture, cars, trees etc) compared to entire scenes, which undoubtedly should still remain being affected by selection, marque and cutting planes. let's hope this is just a limitation in the plugin while it's in the state of technology preview.
"Jose Gemez...Allplan now has smartparts with GDL and many updates from GS, and Maxon is property of Neme... Allplan, C4d and Archicad are almost cousins. This rumour sounds incestuous... wrote:

Do you use C4D with ArchiCAD ? I have a demo of C4D 13 and it seems to have a direct exchange with ArchiCAD objects.
I have an add-on installed with ArchiCAD 15 that lets me send things to C4D for editing and there is a button in C4D for sending things directly back into ArchiCAD where they started from. It's fun. I have only tried it one time but is seems like this is the same kind of set up Revit has between 3dmax now. I don't know if there is an add-on for his in ArchiCAD 16 yet or if it only works with ArchiCAD 15 and C4D 13.

Is anyone else doing this?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been using archicad with maxwell for some time now and this update is for sure the most outstanding from Next Limit team!!
The technology preview (FIRE) is the way to go... Still a lot to fix but working with this interactive preview is fantastic!
We all know that quality from Maxwell is stunning... but rendering times do stress me out sometimes! With this preview thing I can make decisions based on almost real images without waiting long. Then I can render them from one day to the other!
Maxwell is just perfect for Archicad! Why? Because it as a BIM philosophy also...
Multilight was made for us! (archicad users)

Chek it out!

http://youtu.be/BJtqrjZvLrQ

Cheers!