BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Maxwell 2.7 plug-in for ArchiCAD

plug in.png

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

40 REPLIES 40
Anonymous
Not applicable
I picked this up again this week and finally got it to work All down to a couple of materials the new version of Maxwell didn't like.
quiet wrote:
Well, I got a fixed file maxwell.bundle file from Maxwell, and now AC15 doesn't crash, but Maxwell render still wont open from AC? I can open Maxwell fine on its own. Where have I gone wrong?? I am still trying to get my head around the new render windows for Maxwell 2.7.1 in AC, is this something I am doing wrong there, or is there another reason AC and Maxwell are not talking to each other?
quiet wrote:
Technical numpty needs help!

I've just got around to upgrading to 2.7 from 2.6 this morning. AC15 opens fine, I see all the new maxwell windows, but when I go to render in maxwell, or preview a material in maxwell, AC crashes instantly.

Where have I gone wrong? Keep it simple, and don't be afraid of assuming I am stupid I'm guessing I've made a ball up in the installation somewhere ... Need to render stuff out today so keen to fix asap ...
TMA_80
Enthusiast
sinatropus wrote:
is it only me or the marquee selection rendering is broken from this version on(at least on mac)? this renders fire virtually useless when trying to check some regions of model on big projects because to load the whole geometry would take ages. it's faster to start a render!
but that's not the main concern, marquee selection is extremely useful when rendering only portions of the project like interiors or 3d sections. unacceptable development, reason enough not to update at least on my side. lets just hope it's something that will change when the plugin gets out of technology preview state.
Bad news, If i've understood correctly, this is not going to be totally functional:
http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=39489
"5 - Plugin doesn't handle the ArchiCAD 3D view section cuts, but otherwise it handles the 3D view filters. Open the plugin preferences dialog (leftmost button on the Maxwell panel), on the export tab switch on "Visibility by 3D Window""
Stills, this feature was perfectly functional with the older version and should be in this new preview version, this must be prioritized and to be fixed ...it is not not optional, it's a must have option.
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Fra
Booster
The Next limit has released the Maxwell plug-in for ArchiCAD 16
Good news !!!
Francesco
AC25 AC26 (Ita)

Mac Studio M1 Max 64 GB - OSX 12.4
TMA_80
Enthusiast
Thanls FRA,

The great news is that the plugin is available for AC16. and apparently some fixed bugs ( texture orientation and dimensions are now read from ArchiCAD )

in the same time, the the marquee selection rendering is still broken... ,
NO CROP.JPG
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
In the Maxwell Official Site, there is no news for the Maxwell Plug-in for Archicad 16? Anyway, can you share us the download link!
Fra wrote:
The Next limit has released the Maxwell plug-in for ArchiCAD 16
Good news !!!
Francesco
Anonymous
Not applicable
You will need to have an account to their portal / customer gateway and from that portal you could download current versions of Maxwell and their related plugins.

https://portal.nextlimit.com/
TMA_80
Enthusiast
Hi,

You could also fill the information in this page and get access to the dowload area.

http://www.maxwellrender.com/index.php/maxwell_render_suite/download
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
TMA_80
Enthusiast
Hi,

A new version is out (2.7.3) , which isn't a preview version but apprently the final one:

As noticed here , the last version of the plugin (2.7.3 ) has finally fixed the marquee tool issue.
MxwMarquee.jpg
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
New Maxwell plug-in for ArchiCAD 16 is available now.
3-12-2013 3-03-39 AM.jpg

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Steve wrote:
New Maxwell plug-in for ArchiCAD 16 is available now.
It's been available for a while now.
(since the last message posted by TMA_80 almost a month and a half ago).
Learn and get certified!