Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Maxwell 2.7 plug-in for ArchiCAD

plug in.png

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

40 REPLIES 40
Is that what I think it is?

Fire in ArchiCAD????

Tres Cool!!!

I hope they do an update for AC16 as well which along with the updates to AC16 (Morph et al) will make it the coolest update in the history of ArchiCAD.

(rushes off to check link)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Awesome... and it seems faster!!!
and FIRE!!!

Sweet.

Also, Proxies (trees) and Grass material with the new Maxwell Grass object/material.

Can't wait to try this out.
AC plugin - what's new.jpg
TMA_80
Enthusiast
A Great Update indeed with many new features. a very good job really.

the Only Missing Thing, for a future update I hope, is to be able to View the attached mxm texture in the 3d window. ( and maybe a better UV mapping tools for archicad)...
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
TMA_80 wrote:
A Great Update indeed with many new features. a very good job really.

the Only Missing Thing, for a future update I hope, is to be able to View the attached mxm texture in the 3d window. ( and maybe a better UV mapping tools for archicad)...
That's probably on the Graphisoft side who have to update the material/texture editing interface (which I guess they might do with the next version if the rumours about them integrating the C4D render engine into ArchiCAD are true).

But in the meantime, thanks to FIRE you have instantaneous updates in the FIRE window as you update anything on the AC side (including materials) which sort of makes it like an extension to the AC 3D window.

It's turning out to be a great year for ArchiCAD (w/Maxwell) users.
Especially if the Maxwell plugin is updated for AC 16.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bricklyne wrote:
That's probably on the Graphisoft side who have to update the material/texture editing interface (which I guess they might do with the next version if the rumours about them integrating the C4D render engine into ArchiCAD are true).
Allplan now has smartparts with GDL and many updates from GS, and Maxon is property of Neme... Allplan, C4d and Archicad are almost cousins. This rumour sounds incestuous...
Lightworks is prehistory, and the internal render is a toy, now we had to use Artlantis or C4D. Artlantis has no displacement, fur, proxies... (4.1 is a good update but Artlantis is now years behind some other engines)
My personal election is physical render of C4D, with GB ilumination, + AO, + Tone Mapping... speeder than artlantis, and you can use AO, GI, physical fresnel, material with layers, displacemente, physical skies...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
MuazOnline
Newcomer
Hi,
how to download this plug-in ???
is it free or we have to pay for it
TMA_80
Enthusiast
MuazOnline wrote:
Hi,
how to download this plug-in ???
is it free or we have to pay for it
The plugin is free but maxwellrender ( the render engine ) is not. you can however dowload the demo version and the free plugin from the Maxwellrender website:
http://www.maxwellrender.com/index.php/maxwell_render_suite/download
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
is it only me or the marquee selection rendering is broken from this version on(at least on mac)? this renders fire virtually useless when trying to check some regions of model on big projects because to load the whole geometry would take ages. it's faster to start a render!
but that's not the main concern, marquee selection is extremely useful when rendering only portions of the project like interiors or 3d sections. unacceptable development, reason enough not to update at least on my side. lets just hope it's something that will change when the plugin gets out of technology preview state.