Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Maxwell Render and ArchiCAD 14?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've recently downloaded Maxwell Render but saw that ArchiCAD 14 was not listed under the plug-in options, so under Photorender Setting, Maxwell Engine is not listed.

Does anybody know when Maxwell will support AR14 or if there is a way around this, other than to install AR13...

Thank You
7 REPLIES 7
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think you should ask the developer of Maxwell because according to the following page, they are the developer and supporter of the ArchiCAD Plug-In:

http://maxwellrender.com/mw2_plugins.php
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
TMA_80
Enthusiast
the Archicad plugin maxwell subforum is not a reponsive place, the modertaors and the plugin creator _Pavol* are rarely answering the archicad Users questions ( or it would mean that archicad users are not that numberous) anyway.
as for AC14 , it is not ready yet , i don't if it has anything to to do with the sdk availibility or not ...

*( the person behind the excellent plugin for archicad )
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
TMA_80 wrote:
the Archicad plugin maxwell subforum is not a reponsive place, the modertaors and the plugin creator _Pavol* are rarely answering the archicad Users questions ( or it would mean that archicad users are not that numberous) anyway.
as for AC14 , it is not ready yet , i don't if it has anything to to do with the sdk availibility or not ...

*( the person behind the excellent plugin for archicad )
I know, the forums seems pretty derelict!

I contacted Maxwell and they instructed me to go to the forum for updates, but they are working on it... Makes me want to downgrade to AC13 now as I need to learn it for Uni in September...
TMA_80
Enthusiast
NStocks wrote:
I contacted Maxwell and they instructed me to go to the forum for updates, but they are working on it... Makes me want to downgrade to AC13 now as I need to learn it for Uni in September...
Hi Nstocks!

Thanks for the information.

BTW, I don't think that it would be any dramatic changes between AC13 version and the AC14 version of the maxwell plugin , so you can start learning the basics with AC13 ....i suspect you've already visited the think maxwell website where you can find some intersting maxwell tutorials.
Here are the ones for the ArchiCad plugin( i recommand the 1.x plugin tutorials )
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
TMA_80 wrote:
NStocks wrote:
Hi Nstocks!

Thanks for the information.

BTW, I don't think that it would be any dramatic changes between AC13 version and the AC14 version of the maxwell plugin , so you can start learning the basics with AC13 ....i suspect you've already visited the think maxwell website where you can find some intersting maxwell tutorials.
Here are the ones for the ArchiCad plugin( i recommand the 1.x plugin tutorials )
Yes, I've seen those and I'm very impressed at the seamless plug-in integration. Of course I could install the Maxwell Studio for material control and other things but from what I hear (and see), the plugin works well. I think I'd be better off using Maxwell than Cinema4D because of the realism of the lighting i.e it's actually accurately calculated... although C4D will be useful and takes a fraction of the time.

May I ask, what workflow are you using?

Thank You.
TMA_80
Enthusiast
The Archicad plugin Mainly and Maxwell Studio for adding entourage and to refine some settings (camera, materials...etc).
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys
I am using Archicad 11
I tried to download maxwell plug in from maxwell web site
but everytime when i go in,
i can just see the tutorial
no plug in download link is available.
do u guys know where can i get one for Archicad 11???
cheers!