BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Measured Area Zone Tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I am making adjustments to zones and the area isn't changing? Is there a trick to get it to automatically change on the zone stamp? when I look in the tool settings I can see the correct area but it doesn't show on the drawing.

Assistance gratefully accepted.

Regards,
6 REPLIES 6
Eduardo Rolon
You have to manually update the zones it does not work automatically.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
The zone area not updating automatically has caused a couple problems in my office...

Sometimes I use the Fill tool, and select the option "show area text". This automatically updates whenever you move a section of the fill.

I use this for simple area calcs, not something where I need to have scheduled areas from the zone tool.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the assistance. Great. Perhaps Graphisoft will develop the tool in the future to update automatically?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Perhaps.... after all the other longstanding wishes get fixed.

Maybe there is a reason not to have the zone tool update automatically, but I cannot think of it.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Steven wrote:
Maybe there is a reason not to have the zone tool update automatically, but I cannot think of it.
These calculations can be time/processor consuming, so should not be running constantly as the model is edited.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Whether the Zone's area updates or not with every change depends on how the Zone Stamp's GDL script is written.
Some Zone Stamps are written so they display the actual measured area of the Zone Stamp polygon. These update automatically after each change of the Zone polygon.
The other types of Zone Stamps are written in a way that they display the calucated area of the polygon, which is the result of deducting several possible things like Fill areas, low level areas etc.
I have seen that in the same library some Zone Stamp might work (programmed to work) this way and the other work that way.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!