BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Migrating from AC9 to AC10 w/ Teamwork and plotmaker

kevin b
Contributor
Anyone else having this problem? Is this a known bug?

When trying to migrate from AC9 Teamwork file and plotmaker lbk to AC10, the drawings in the layouts show that they are linked to an external file not internal and that external file is the file they are already in. Happens whether a copy of the teamwork file is made or the original. Happens if you save the file as pln first.

This is a huge problem for us. Compounded by the fact that we are mostly all on MacTels now, which still can't open the lbk's to begin with. Also many of the old teamwork files we may have to update are also actually origianlly AC9 files that were opened in 966 build of AC10, which causes crashing of the MAcTels.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
3 REPLIES 3
Rick Thompson
Expert
I DON'T WORK ON TEAMWORK, BUT I NOTICED YOU HAVEN'T GOTTEN AN ANSWER, SO HERE'S MY BEST SHOT. (sorry, not shouting.. cap lock on)

I have converted many (100+) plns and this normally does not happen. Every once and a while it happens and usually I can trace it to a relocated file. It has been easier to simply relink to the internal view in the drawing manager. That's all i am suggesting, is relink. It gets it done and you shouldn't need to deal with it again.. unless all teamwork plns have this issue, which I don't think is the case, or it would be bittched about here a lot.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
kevin wrote:
Anyone else having this problem? Is this a known bug?

When trying to migrate from AC9 Teamwork file and plotmaker lbk to AC10, the drawings in the layouts show that they are linked to an external file not internal and that external file is the file they are already in. Happens whether a copy of the teamwork file is made or the original. Happens if you save the file as pln first.

This is a huge problem for us. Compounded by the fact that we are mostly all on MacTels now, which still can't open the lbk's to begin with. Also many of the old teamwork files we may have to update are also actually origianlly AC9 files that were opened in 966 build of AC10, which causes crashing of the MAcTels.
Maybe it is possible to get around this the following way (make a backup before doing it):

1. Sign everyone out of the TW file.
2. Make a copy of the AC10 Project File under another name.
3. In the Drawing Manager, select this new file (which will be an external file) as the source of all Drawing on Layouts.
4. Save the Project file.
5. Again, in the Drawing Manager, change all those references from the external file to be internal references.

I hope it can be done this way.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
kevin b
Contributor
That's kind of the work around i tried, not as clear cut as for some reason you can't select all of the drawings at once, you get the read from folder dialog instead of the link to file one. Kind of a pain on large files but better than the alternative.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
Learn and get certified!