Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Mirror catalogue pages

KeesW
Advocate
I've imported 2 catalogue pages from manufacturer's window sill and head sections for use as 2D details on an archicad working drawing. They need to be mirrored to fit onto my drawing. Unfortunately, I cannot mirror the imported images on my drawing. I've then imported the same images onto a worksheet and tried mirroring again. No success. The mirror option is greyed out in my edit menu. Does anybody have a solution?
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
7 REPLIES 7
what's the file format you imported?
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Barry Kelly
If you are adding a PDF with the drawing tool in 18 you can try to explode the PDF.
If you can explode it (depends on how the PDF was created - but most should work) then you will be able to mirror it.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
rocorona
Booster
If you can live with a workaround, select the page, once placed on the plan or worksheet, and save it as a library object.
Then you are able to check the "Mirrored" button, or use the Mirro command.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
Thanks for your many suggestions. It seems that Archicad does not handle imported images the same as other imported items. I've tried importing in different file formats - even standard JPEG and PDF formats but none of them work. Can an imported image be exploded? If converted into a library object, how can I delete some of its components?

What I actually need are standard domestic aluminium frame details. The blocky sills and heads provided with Archicad and Cadimage doors and windows just don't look convincing when detailing these in walls because they are too approximate. Archicad and Cadimage presume timber style door and window frames. I reality, most frames are now aluminium and these are far more complicated.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Kees,

A PDF - as long as it's made from vectors can be exploded into the current view. that will capture lines and fills. place, highlight and right-click.

if the image is pixel based, I'm tempted to suggest you open it in a pixel editor, flip it there and import the flipped version into AC.

Not sure why you're having this problem. Hope something works.
Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If you guys place an image file using the Figure Tool instead of the Drawing Tool, you will be able to mirror it.
Actually, that seems to be one of the few advantages of the Figure tool over the Drawing Tool.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Check! thanks.
Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions