BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Mirror drawing in Layout

Emre Senoglu
Expert
Is there a way to mirror a drawing that's placed into a layout? I have created some 3d documents for my ceiling plans, and while I finally got them to display what I would like to see, they are mirrored (because well.. you're literally looking at the slab from below). This could be a little confusing, since ceiling plans are usually drawn reflected.

AC26 ARM // MBP M2 Max // Twinmotion | Corona | Rhino

www.senoglu.dk

6 REPLIES 6
Hello Emre,

I am not able to get the same result with 3D document. How do you do yours ?
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Emre Senoglu
Expert
Hey christophe - it's very simple actually and it is a great way to get an actual ceiling plan. Here's a video showing how: https://www.loom.com/share/0cc2eb9d54bc4a1ea214539d10d659a1

let me know if there are any unclear parts and i'll explain them better.

www.senoglu.dk

Emre,

Ok i thought it was a reflected ceiling plane and not a projection from axonometry. It is still judicious. So apart from working with a worksheet I doubt that is possible.
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Emre Senoglu
Expert
Fair enough, I guess once I'm done with the 3d, I could turn them into 2d and then mirror them.

www.senoglu.dk

Barry Kelly
Emre wrote:
Is there a way to mirror a drawing that's placed into a layout?

No there is not.

Emre wrote:
I have created some 3d documents for my ceiling plans, and while I finally got them to display what I would like to see, they are mirrored (because well.. you're literally looking at the slab from below). This could be a little confusing, since ceiling plans are usually drawn reflected.

I don't understand why you are creating a 3D Document that is look up and then trying to flip it.
Just create a3D Document from the floor plan and then in the 3D Document settings you can tick the option for 'Reflected Ceiling Plan' and adjust the cut plane heights.
Or does this not produce the style of drawing you want?
No need to flip anything then.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Emre Senoglu
Expert
Hey Barry, yeah thanks for the suggestion. This option unfortunately didn't produce the wanted results the last time I tried it. I can't exactly tell you what was missing, but from what I recall, there was a lot of layer / graphical override work that came with using that method. This method gets very close to my desired result for the kind of work I'm doing.

www.senoglu.dk

Learn and get certified!