BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Mirroring Elevation and note issues is there an easier way for standard plans?

Pato99
Enthusiast
TL;DR How do I stop notes and dims flipping out when mirroring elevations.

Hi, I'm working on new Standard plans/template for a project builder and one of the problems that I've never fixed is the elevation notes flipping when the house/elevations are mirrored.

Generally I'd design a standard plan, then without fail the first job that comes in from sales is a flipped version of that plan (Garage on the opposite side), so I go about flipping the plan, fixing the notes and saving it as an additional templated version (left hand and right hand versions). Then later come the facade changes (gable, parapet, skillion) then the flipped version of those. I'm wondering if there's an easier way?

The process of flipping the design generally takes an hour or two with elevations, sections, kitchen, bathrooms and laundry needing to be updated.

Note: I have tried both locking elevations and mirroring as well as unlocked mirroring them with the house.

Plans before flip:

Plans after flip:

Thanks!
Versions 10 to 27
Metabox Prime-X P775DM2-G (Clevo),
GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 VRAM - G-Sync,
i7-6700K (8M Cache up to 4.2 GHz),
32GB DDR4 2133MHZ,
512GB SATA 3 M.2 SSD,
Win 11 64
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
I don't know any easy way around it.
The problem is when you select the plan - all layers including the 3D model and 2D annotation - you are not selecting the annotation in the sections and elevations.
Not even when you select the section and elevation lines themselves.

You still have to go into each section/elevation, turn off the 3D model layers leaving just the 2D annotation, select that and flip it.

If you ever do find a better way please let me know.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Pato99
Enthusiast
Ok thanks, glad I'm not the only one.

For the second part you can leave 3D on. Select the label tool then shortcut ctrl+a (mac command+a) so it selects all labels and mirror.

You can do the same with dimensions or text tool and can use the marquee tool to select all of one type within the marquee.
Versions 10 to 27
Metabox Prime-X P775DM2-G (Clevo),
GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 VRAM - G-Sync,
i7-6700K (8M Cache up to 4.2 GHz),
32GB DDR4 2133MHZ,
512GB SATA 3 M.2 SSD,
Win 11 64
Barry Kelly
Yes, you are actually better off leaving the 3D layers on so you can align the mirrored elements.
It's been a while since I have actually done it.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!