Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Missing Model View Options

Red
Advocate
I am having a recurring issue with my template file. I have every view set and saved the way I need it, but after saving it and reopening to add or change items, each view will state, "Missing (Floor Plans)" in within the View Settings. I open the "View List" under "Project Indexes" and everything is good there so I thought it was just a visual glitch.

However, for example, I noticed that I had views where door or window callouts should be off but they were showing. I open the MVO to check it, and everything is set correctly. The only fix that I can find, so far, is going into View Settings clicking off of Floor Plans, then back on it, refresh the layout view, and it fixes the callout. Close the file, come back in, rinse, repeat, ...
Thanks,
Red
i7 8700k
ROG Strix Z390-E MoBo
64gb RAM
EVGA GeForce GTX 2080
Anonymous
Not applicable
We are having the same issue with all of our BIMcloud Basic teamwork projects. Would love to know what the solution is when one is found. Thank you!
JanuszK
Participant
We're also having this issue with AC23 and AC24 both on BiMcloud Basic. Very frustrating!
Construkt Architects
iMac Retina 5K 27" 2020
3.6GHz i9
72gb 2133MHz DDR4
AMD Radeon Pro 5500XT 8gb
AC25-6000 NZE
Marc H
Advisor
. . . a new feature since Archicad 23 (although I don't think it might be the case, but just to make sure): In previous versions, if you renamed Layer Combinations, MVOs, Pen Sets, Renovation Filters, Graphic Override Combinations, Dimension Standards or 3D Styles, then any Views referencing these would display them as “missing” in View Settings – because the link was based on the settings name. As of Archicad 23, a unique identifier is used so these settings no longer go missing after a rename.
I just realized this improvement this past week as I over-haul my template. Thank you! It really helps in evolving template improvements without the fear of having to re-attach the settings for each change.
“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
Red
Advocate
Any updates on this issue? When printing a large project, it is frustrating to get everything set up correctly the day before and then come back the next day to print and see the pages not showing up correctly again. Rinse and repeat....
Thanks,
Red
i7 8700k
ROG Strix Z390-E MoBo
64gb RAM
EVGA GeForce GTX 2080
Not applicable
Just found this thread and had to create an account to be another voice
I've been having this issue since the very beginning of AC24NZE (maybe even AC23NZE) - only occurs with BIMCloud projects it difficult to willingly reproduce but it will happen (every single project has had this).

Like some other people have mention, it is very frustrating to notice it has gone missing, then correct it, then come back the next day to print a set to finding it all missing again!! I have had to factor this issue into my work flow for printing/publishing which is painful.

Are there any updates/ has this been fixed in 25?
Olga S
Newcomer

Hi 🙂

Any updates on this issue? I'm having it in all my AC24 files on BimCloud. It's highly time consuming to update all views every time I have to plot anything.

Regards,

Olga

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Dear All,

Thank you very much for raising this issue once again!

From our expert in BIMcloud, we would like to try the following things:

1 - Reserving MVOs before creating a new one;
2 - Delete the user's TW Data folder. They may find it here:
Windows - C:\Users\<username>\GRAPHISOFT\TW Data
or
macOS - Macintosh HD/Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/GRAPHISOFT/TW Data

If none of the suggestions works, we might need to take a look at the Teamwork Support Package. Nevertheless, please let us know how it goes!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Patrick Hayes
Booster

We are also having this issue in office (also in BIM Cloud projects). For whatever reason, it seems to happen only to saved views which have a specific MVO assigned (in our case the 200 GA Section Elevation < 1:100 MVO) I'm sure there is an index number style system for MVO's but I can't find it - I wonder if it is that which is triggering it or a specific setting / combination of settings in that MVO which is causing it. For us, it occurs randomly from time to time (with no changes to the name of the MVO from the beginning of the file) and we fix it by just reserving the views and reassigning the MVO. Are other users finding it is happening with just one or a few of their MVOs?

Has there been a diagnosis on this yet Minh?

Thanks,
Patrick

Associate | Law Architects
Melbourne, Australia

I'm having the same issue as described above in a teamwork project in AC23. Deleting the TW Data folder does not solve the problem. This is very frustrating and creates a lot of extra work/maintenance. Any other suggestions on how to fix this? 

AC24 Norway • Fujitsu • Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2123 CPU @ 3.60GHz • 32GB ram • Windows 10 Pro • NVIDIA Quadro P4000

Any updates on this topic? I am using AC25 with BIMcloud SAAS and have the same issues. It's very annoying.