BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Missing Model View Options

Red
Advocate
I am having a recurring issue with my template file. I have every view set and saved the way I need it, but after saving it and reopening to add or change items, each view will state, "Missing (Floor Plans)" in within the View Settings. I open the "View List" under "Project Indexes" and everything is good there so I thought it was just a visual glitch.

However, for example, I noticed that I had views where door or window callouts should be off but they were showing. I open the MVO to check it, and everything is set correctly. The only fix that I can find, so far, is going into View Settings clicking off of Floor Plans, then back on it, refresh the layout view, and it fixes the callout. Close the file, come back in, rinse, repeat, ...
Thanks,
Red
i7 8700k
ROG Strix Z390-E MoBo
64gb RAM
EVGA GeForce GTX 2080
Tautvydas
Beginner

It's VERY annoying!

Johnathan
Participant

Hi everybody, I am reviving this older thread because the same (missing) model view options have been wrecking havoc on our office. We shifted to BIMcloud as a Service during the pandemic, and now rely on it, so unfortunately there is no turning back for our office. At the same time, We might find ourselves updating the mising MVO's on hundreds of views right before a deadline, which is unsustainable... or even worse, we have accidentally submitted incorrectly formatted drawing sets due to this issue, resulting in RFI's and unnecessary plan check comments.  

Is there a fix in the works?

ArchiCAD 26

Windows 10 Pro

i9-12900H 2.50 GHz

32.0 GB Ram

NVIDIA RTX A2000 8GB 

ArchiCAD 26
Windows 10 Pro
i9-12900H 2.50 GHz
32.0 GB Ram
NVIDIA RTX A2000 8GB 
Solution

Hi all,

This appears to be the result of a bug, DEF-4010, that was fixed in Archicad 25 Update 4, Archicad 26 Update 2 and Archicad 27. The Model View Options went missing if the dialog was not reserved before making changes.
Although the issue has already been fixed (make sure you're on the latest update), a project that was created in a buggy version would continue to have the missing MVO. It may be best to reshare the project with the latest update and re-assign the MVOs.
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by this issue.

Kind Regards,

Oleksandra Vakariuk

Technical Support Engineer
4dProof
Advisor

BUMP:
Missing model view options continue to be a problem bug with Archicad. Looking, this goes back years.
Is there any feedback from anyone at Graphisoft on any plans to fix this... ever?

why this little bug is such a big problem:
I have one client who issued a set of construction documents. The contractor says "I can't read the dimensions on the 1:10 site plan, the door/window markers are getting in the way, and I can't reference doors and windows to the floor plan, it appears there are no tags on the 1/4" plans" Missing MVO's!
Another sends a presentation set and BIMx to the client. Client says "can you add the faucets and door knobs we looked at last time we met?" Views for those docs have Missing MVO's!

We really REALLY need document reliability. This bug is leaving us with no assurance that our documents are going to look the way we set them up. 
If nothing else, is there any new insight into what may be triggering this issue, so that we could prevent it, instead of just over-diligently scouring our exported files before sending them every time? On a 150 page plan set, reviewing every drawing for everything controlled by every MVO setting is tedious, and makes sending out an updated plan set a day long effort, rather than a simple "publish and send" activity!

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

Still an issue in AC26. Just spent half a day auditing a plan set for a firm using AC26 v5002 on Silicon. MVO's are missing right and left and center with no trigger or obvious work-around

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
kn
Participant

Bumping this again. We have the same excact issue now in AC 26, also using BIMcloud. Graphisoft -please sort this out in the next update.

AC 26 5002 NOR FULL | Windows 10 Enterprise | 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13950HX 2.20 GHz

thank you! wish more people would comment. I know we all see this happen in our t/w files!

Still seeing it in projects started from our template in the latest build (5002?) of AC 26. I will try saving the template to a .pln, open/repair, and share as a new template...

I was going to create a new issue, but I am going to weigh in on this thread instead since it does not appear to be resolved. We are running AC25 in a multi-user environment utilizing BIMcloud as a Service. We have been experiencing this issue for years. It appears to happen only in a Teamshare file. If a user creates a plan view and adds that view to a layout, then another user who opens that file will often, but not always, see that the model view is missing. It is always the Floor Plan MVO that is missing. Please see attached snip.

We do use a template that was created using a third party's template file as a go-by back in V20. We continually revise/update our template and are currently doing so for a V27 launch. I would love to have this problem resolved so we don't continue to waste time on it. Your comments would be appreciated.

Screenshot 2023-12-04 082037.png

if you have the latest build, it 'technicaly' has been fixed, in that once you run a repair on the file, it will not come back. The software has been fixed, but all files started from a build that produced this issue will retain the corruption.
The fix is:
-save a .pln
-open the .pln checking the "repair file" option

-go through the entire view map to fix all "Missing" 

(you can not use the drawing manager or view list for this, as they will only show as missing in the view settings)
-once all views have been repaired in the .pln, you can save it as a new file or upload to a bim server

I've had to run this repair on about 50+ files so far. It's a major pain, but I guess thats what I get paid for

Learn and get certified!