BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Missing dimensions

Bob Moore
Enthusiast
I just install the latest update of Mac OS service and suddenly my dimensions are missing. The dimension lines are there but no dimension text. See screen shot.
AC 7 - 27

iMac 27"

Mac OS Sonoma 14.0

3.1 GHz 6-Core Intel Core

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 575X 4 GB
8 REPLIES 8
Bob Moore
Enthusiast
I also just realized some of the text is missing. When I use the cursor to select it the test box shows up but it shows nothing in it.
AC 7 - 27

iMac 27"

Mac OS Sonoma 14.0

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 575X 4 GB
Erich
Contributor
Bob,

I installed the OSX update last night without any issues. While this doesn't rule it out as a cause, it makes it less likely.

What font are you using for your dimensions? Does this happen with only one file or all files? Have you tried a new file or merging the broken file into a new one?
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Bob Moore
Enthusiast
The missing fonts were Architect and Arial. Sometimes Architect works other times it doesn't. Seems pretty random.
AC 7 - 27

iMac 27"

Mac OS Sonoma 14.0

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 575X 4 GB
Bob Moore
Enthusiast
"Does this happen with only one file or all files? Have you tried a new file or merging the broken file into a new one? "

It has happened on all files that i have opened. I haven't tried a new file. I'll try it tomorrow.
AC 7 - 27

iMac 27"

Mac OS Sonoma 14.0

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 575X 4 GB
Erich
Contributor
I see, by your signature, that you are using four versions of ArchiCAD. Does this happen with all or only some?
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
27" iMac Retina 5K
Bob Moore
Enthusiast
I started a new file and had the same issues. I went back to previous versions (all the way to AC10) files and still had the same issues. What is odd is that the Architect font seems to work randomly. Sometimes in the text command but seldom with the dimensions command. I contacted my reseller and he sent the info to Graphisoft. Meanwhile I guess I'm stuck with Helvetica.
AC 7 - 27

iMac 27"

Mac OS Sonoma 14.0

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 575X 4 GB
Erich
Contributor
Bob,

This is very odd and I don't what might fix it. I assume you have run a permissions check. If not you should try that. You should probably look into using Onyx or some similar utility to verify that you system is working to snuff. If all that checks out, then you might consider reinstallation of programs (bleah!). However, since this occurred after installing an update it seems likely that something happened during the update. Since we are not hearing of a lot of issues from others here (I haven't looked elsewhere) it does not seem to be an incompatibility issue.

As a general good practice (not that I practice it ) it is ideal to get a good back up just before installing an upgrade. That way you can always go back to just before the upgrade and keep going.

Good luck.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
27" iMac Retina 5K
Bob Moore
Enthusiast
Thanks,
That's about the same advise the re-seller gave me after finding a few more glinches.
AC 7 - 27

iMac 27"

Mac OS Sonoma 14.0

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 575X 4 GB
Learn and get certified!