BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Missing layouts

Anonymous
Not applicable
After publishing the BIMx file with few layouts attached, I cannot see all the layouts ‘cause some are missing (they are on the list but without content).
Also the 3D model seems to be missing (no preview) but with a double click it opens.
Any hint?
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Update
After a selective publishing I found that the problem for the layouts was a 3D document view. I recreated it and the layouts were published correctly.
Remain the problem on the 3d model that is missing. Also on the web version the 3d model is not accessible.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you very much for your question and I am sorry about the issue!

During the publishing process, is there any error message appears? Is the 3D model missing, or what was the issue with 3D model? Can you clarify a bit more about this?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Mnguyen
No, no message pops up during the publishing process.
As you can see on the first post image attached, the message says the 3d model is missing, although clicking two times on the upper icon launches the model navigation. No model preview on the bottom part, though.
Cheers
mnguyen wrote:
Hi,

Thank you very much for your question and I am sorry about the issue!

During the publishing process, is there any error message appears? Is the 3D model missing, or what was the issue with 3D model? Can you clarify a bit more about this?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you for sharing the information! This is a rare issue, as we never experience anything similar before. I'm wondering if it's possible for you to share the BIMx file and the project plan in PLA format for further investigation? Let me know if you'll need a link to securely send the file!

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes please send me a link for a secure upload.
Thanks
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

The link has been sent to you via Private Message. Let me know once you have finished uploading the file!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks to Marlon from Graphisoft Italy, the problem has solved. The bimx file seems to be corrupted by some hidden characters on a setting pen (I'm using a Mac). After deleting it, everything is working. I'm uploading the files, as requested, for further investigation.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you for the information! Indeed, after I got the PLA file and open it, some Pen sets contain a missing/corrupted character that, once removed, will result in a correct BIMx output!

Please pass my gratitude to our partner in Italy as well! I'm very glad that the issue has been found!

Once again, thank you for your help in this case! Feel free to ask me if you have any further questions!

Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT