Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Modelled in AC9 and Rendered in Maxwell

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Been a while since I have posted stuff here...this is some current work, mostly done to explain the scheme to clients at inception.

P
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
another one
Anonymous
Not applicable
and another one....
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello patricprz,

nice conceptual work.

Have some technical questions:
With which Maxwell have you done this? I mean have you used maxwell plug-in for AC9? Have you used standalone MR application v.RC5, or maybe exported your model in 3ds format into 3dmax, cinema4D, etc?
M~Render time?
Can you post machine configurations, on wich you have done M~Render?

p.s.: just an advise: model needs a little bit more sunlight.
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi
very nice rendering
i see there is some pixels in the shadows area ?
hardware & Render time?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice work there,

I'm also enthusiast of maxwell quality, still waiting for clipmaps to work. BTW your tree has some interesting mock-up like feeling. Keep posting

Cheers
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I like the facade.
I am seeing more and more buildings with these vertical stripe kind of Wall openings, but this is the best I have see so far.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
To answer some of the questions:

1. Maxwell:

I modelled everything in AC9 and then exported to *.3ds format with "Group as Materials" option ticked. Then imported into the MW Beta, in 3DSMax7 and there you just select each group of materials by clicking on it and decide on diffuse, dielectric, plastic etc. Texture Mapping is easy and i have some examples that took an hour to render that look great. On this model i kept it all white because i only had 3 days to design, model and present the project. I find the less info on the model the easier it is to discuss the project with a client or planner. The more you leave to the imagination the better.

After the RC3 fiasco I stayed with the Beta, and now that RC5 is out I will have a look at it as soon as i have some time available.

Settings:

The modelled section was rendered at 2000W x 1000H Pixels and i left it for about 9 hours. I find the more glass/dielectrics you use the more noise you get.
The one with the tree at the bottom, rendered at 800W x 2000H Pixels for about 3 hours and the exterior shot of the elevation took about 30 Minutes.

Exteriors shots usually do not take more than an hour, especially if you leave the setting at normal resolutions (800x600), whereas complex interior shots, with loads of dielectrics can take 12 hours.

2. The design

The building is a concept for a orthodox jewish wedding hall and the site is located between factories, with burned out cars on the access to the main entrance. The building needs to be safe, but not uninviting - therefore the layered facade. Two 300mm walls one made of stone and one of copper with cuts in both walls, and whenever those cuts overlap you happen to have a window, if they do not then you can see the material of the wall behind it.

Thanks for all your comments.