Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

NCS Wall Label 25 (AC USA), problems with text orientation

NCS Wall Label 25 is having problems with orientation, and ignoring ‘Always readable’. The problem remains on mirrored walls, and ‘Flip Label’ doesn't change this. The only sort of workaround I found was inverting the wall reference line direction. Is this a bug? Is there a simple way of fixing it on the script?

[Also, label doesn't really work with mirroring at all.]

NCS Wall Label 25 issuesNCS Wall Label 25 issues

5 REPLIES 5
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hi Ignacio,

Thank you very much for the question!

After some tests, I believe this is not a bug, but just a limitation of the label. The same thing happens way back in Archicad 22.

What happened here is that the label orientation always follow the wall's direction. If you enable Wall & Beam Reference Line, you can see that the label follow the direction from left to right

label direction.png

When we mirror a wall, the direction also changes, thus the label is flipped.

To control the label orientation exactly, I suggest looking for this option in the Label Settings

label settings.png

I hope this helps you with the problem. Please let me know if you have any further questions!
Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Rene Pahlavan
Enthusiast

Hi Minh--

Why can't the always readable function just be made to work in this important label? The above solution looks very bad on slanted walls. 

AC27 (Apple Silicon)

macOS Sonoma 14.1.2.

MBP M3 Max (16-inch 2023)
Rene Pahlavan
Enthusiast

Looks like the same problem has persisted into AC26 - W-03 really looks strange upside down (see image). 

Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 2.03.58 PM.png

AC27 (Apple Silicon)

macOS Sonoma 14.1.2.

Agree. I can't get my head around these wall labels. It should be simple. Moreover, I can't even find the 26 version in my label list....??? G

I started learning ArchiCAD at age 50....bear with me,
AC26
MacBook Pro M1 Max.
Ventura 13.1
Rene Pahlavan
Enthusiast

Me too - same age 🙂

AC27 (Apple Silicon)

macOS Sonoma 14.1.2.