Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Need help with lighting!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
How come the front surface is so dark, how do I get it to be like the rest of the walls, lit up??

I have ambient Occlusion enabled and no Sky Environment.
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
Change the surface material on that wall surface to one of the materials you have used internally (and looks OK).
If that looks better then it is a problem with the material settings you originally had on that surface and not the actual lighting.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
The thing is that material is the same as the internal walls as you can see, it's nothing to do with the material its strange
Barry Kelly
I am no rendering expert but try bringing the sun position around to the front in the 3D projection settings in Archicad.
But I am not sure why the internal walls are OK and the front wall is not - which is why I thought they may be different materials.
Or do you have extra light sources internally?

Or turn on a physical sky and you can control the type of sky and sun position in the rendering settings.
I think without a sky you may have to place extra light sources.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
You're right, its the positioning of the Sun, How do I change its rotation!?
Barry Kelly
Go into the "3D projection settings" in Archicad and you can rotate the sun position there by just dragging the sun icon.
Or you can press the "More Sun" button and you can set the actual date and time to get a true sun position.
Be sure to save a view of your 3D window as that will remember the sun position you set. Be sure to open that view before you do the render if ever you need to do it again in the future.
Otherwise you will have to adjust the sun before you do a render.

This is applicable if you are not using a physical sky in the render settings.
If you are then you have a choice in those settings to use the Archicad sun (as above) or you can set your own date and time in the render settings to get the real sun position.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27