Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

New Opening Showing in Existing Filter?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All, hope you can help with this conundrum.

When I have an existing wall and put in a new door/window, the opening-to-be shows up in the existing plans/on the existing reno filter with my lightest line pen. (Rather than keeping the heavy pen of the wall.)

In my reno filter options, the existing filter is set to HIDE all new elements. It shows up anyway.

I've played with a bunch of graphic override rules and combinations, but haven't been able to solve the problem. I can't find anything in there, or with the building materials or composite that would suggest the light line. It shows fine in the demo reno filter and the new reno filter.

Any help would be appreciated-- our office has been struggling with this one for a long time over a few different AC versions.
2 REPLIES 2
There is always the option not to use the Renovation Filter.
As far as I know, it does nothing you can't already do without it.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

David Maudlin
Virtuoso
dea0625:

Try setting the Elements to be Demolished to Show, this should retain the existing Wall as original (no opening).

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14