Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Newbie to Rendering

GeorgieB82
Contributor
Hi all,

I work for a Planning Consultancy so most of our project deliverables are 2d black and white floor plans and elevations. This is the main requirement for planning in the UK but I want to be able to show our schemes in more visual ways.

I have been experimenting with 3d party software, Artlantis, Lumion, Twinmotion, Enscape plus the built on rendering in ArchiCad but as I only have the Solo version I don't get the CineRender option.

Problem is, I love Lumion, it is so quick to produce something nice, has predefined visual styles to select from (personally I like pastels and hand drawn), links nicely with ArchiCad plus has future tools to explore BUT it's so expensive compared to all the others! Can anyone share their experiences; I don't need animation, VR etc, I just want a simple way to make visual representations of what would normally only be seen in 2d.

Thanks

George
AC25 UK Solo
Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7-4790, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K600
3 REPLIES 3
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Have you looked at simple shaded 3D documents? This would work directly in ArchiCAD, assuming Solo has 3D documents.

You can get shaded vectorial views with or without vectorial hatching. For simple 3D presentations this might be enough.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erwin wrote:
Have you looked at simple shaded 3D documents? This would work directly in ArchiCAD, assuming Solo has 3D documents.

You can get shaded vectorial views with or without vectorial hatching. For simple 3D presentations this might be enough.
Can you show an image of what you're thinking here?
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Sure, here's an example of 3D documents with some shaded colours and vectorial hatching.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5