BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

No Dropbox, BIMx

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

Installed Dropbox on my iPad, and entered credentials.
Opened up BIMx and BIMx Pro.

Hit the "+" button in the upper-left hand corner. Takes me straight to the BIMx Graphisoft site. I don't see the the Dropbox, iCloud, etc. selections. I've also tried holding down the on the "+" symbol and still goes right to the Graphisoft site.

On my iPhone it will show the cloud storage locations (BIMx, Dropbox, etc.).

Any ideas why I'm not seeing cloud storage selections?

I've also reinstalled the apps, and restarted my iPad.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
Open BIMx.

Click the "+" at the top left of the screen.

If you do not see Dropbox, OneDrive, iCloud Drive, etc ... click the "..." next to "More".

Slide the control for the cloud service that you want visible to 'on'. Use the 3-line grips at the far right to re-order the cloud services if you wish. Click "Done".

You should now see Dropbox... and after you follow the authorization bit, will be able to open models from there or any of the other available cloud services.

See this video starting at 1:40
http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/videos/bimx/bimx-bimx-pro-new-features-2015/bimx-bimx-pro-new-featu...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
When I tap the "+" button it goes right to opening Safari and the bimx.graphisoft.com site.

When I do this on my iPhone, the app will show the cloud storage locations.
Karl Ottenstein
ESP182 wrote:
When I tap the "+" button it goes right to opening Safari and the bimx.graphisoft.com site.

When I do this on my iPhone, the app will show the cloud storage locations.
You might have to manually update the app on your iPad. Launch BIMx and click the 3 dots at the top right. At the bottom of the pop-up you should see the version, which is currently 2016.2.398

If that's what you see, then I cannot imagine why the + button goes to Safari for you. You might have to delete the app and re-install.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Issue solved.

Uninstalled app.
Updated iOS.
Reinstalled.

Selecting "+" now yields the cloud storage options.