Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

No IFC in Labels in 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
The labels in 19 could not read and display the IFC, which I used to insert my defined value. Any solution?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Kent wrote:
The labels in 19 could not read and display the IFC, which I used to insert my defined value. Any solution?
Compared with labels in 19, the generic label 18 could display any IFC of object as shown in Figure 02.
Eduardo Rolon
I think that this was moved to the "Tags and Categories"Label.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
I think that this was moved to the "Tags and Categories"Label.
It really is! Thank you very much!
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
FYI:

In ARCHICAD 18 and earlier each element could have only one Label. Because of this limitation, the "Generic Label 18" object was the label you had to use to list all kind of parameters, including IFC Properties.

In ARCHICAD 19 each element can have as many Labels assigned to it as needed. Because of this the functionality present in the "Generic Label" object could now be distributed into multiple label objects. Usually the name of the label gives a good idea of its intended use, such as "Tabs and Categories Label", "Surface Label", "Skin List Label', etc.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Please also check out a blog post I wrote on IFC Properties in Labeling and Scheduling on the BIM6x Blog for ArchiCAD.

Cheers,
Link.