BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Non-repeating surface image

svpribyl
Booster
How do I place an image on the wall without it repeating itself over the entire surface?

Thanks!
Steve Pribyl
MAC OSX 13.6.3
ArchiCAD 27
3 REPLIES 3
Lingwisyer
Guru
Are you talking about a texture that is scaled to the size of the wall? Or like a decal that is on the wall? Or maybe a wall that changes finish over it's length?

For the first, you can change the dimensions of your texture at the bottom of the Basic Engine window and under the Size tab while using CineRender. Once those match your wall, you can set the texture's origin by going to Document => Creative Imaging => Align 3D Texture => Set Origin.

If it is a decal, you could use the Picture object instead? Basic Library => Furnishings => Decoration. You can turn off the picture frame.

If the walls finish changes over it's length, I think the only way is to split your wall into parts (they can still be grouped) so that you can designate each section separately.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
svpribyl
Booster
Hi Ling,
I'm talking about something like a decal, but it's a curved wall, so the picture object won't work. I could make it out of multiple walls so that the decal is as big as a wall with other walls abutting it, but I thought there was a way to make something non-repeating.
Steve Pribyl
MAC OSX 13.6.3
ArchiCAD 27
Lingwisyer
Guru
A non-repeating texture that isn't procedurally generated doesn't make sense as you have no data outside your initially defined texture size...

If you don't want to split your current wall, you could create your own "curved picture object" using a secondary curved wall on a different intersection layer. Even making an actual object for it probably wouldn't be that hard.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!