Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Not Enough Memory to Render Model

Anonymous
Not applicable
I upgraded the Ram and have now 3Gig of Ram ... I have rendered a movie and multiple stills from the same model when I only had 1Gig Ram ... When I try to render with the upgraded memory I get the message " Not Enough Memory to Render Model "
When I render a partial (marque of one story), it goes through and works ... but when I see the whole thing in 3d and tryto render I get the erro rmessage.
Windows task manager shows that only 1.53Gig of the memory is used ... oonw core working at 100% and the other on 1%.
What is going on?:shock:
thank you
13 REPLIES 13
Erika Epstein
Booster
I believe on the windows platform we have a 2G use of memory limit. If you do a search here you will find a more elaborate answer.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
But I dont even get to 2G

Right now the issue has become that Arhchicad is reezing adn not responding ... I will reinstall it and see what happens.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Uninstalling nad then reinstalling worked.
I have both cores working at 99% and the PF usage is 1.7GB
The Picture is coming out perfectly.

I hope someone with the ArchiCAD team reads this ... since it did not go out as a bug report.
If anyone from the Archicad team is reading this:
"Autodesk just bought GreenBuildings.com"
This is huge potential for them to come up with a program that intigrates all the goodies they have.

I hate AutoCAD and foudn Revit hard to use ... please keep up the good work
Anonymous
Not applicable
As soon as I put back the Addon folder I came by the same problem ... I think there is a conflict between one of the addons ... I have third party addons that I think are giving the problem.

ArchiCAD recommends over 2GB Ram ... no less than 1GB ... not over 4GB
http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/system_requirements/
Anonymous
Not applicable
BUtI still have a problem ... I dont know if I haveadded a mismatch skin to render or what ... in the middle of trying to render my computer core stops working and the memory gets cloged for whatever the PF usage was at the time it started to stall ... any one ... wny idea whats going wrong?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Ebbie wrote:
I hate ArchiCAD and foudn Revit hard to use ... please keep up the good work
I guess you wanted to write:

"I hate AutoCAD"

Didn't you?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
In very big models, turn off layers you don't need in your render, not only use marqueetool.

I don't exactly know the procedure of ArchiCad's render, but if it like others, than even things you can't see (but it's there) will be calculate. Like indoorstuff on an outdoor render.

And a marquee-cut of an 3d model is harder to calculate than a layeroff (normally). A layer off isn't there at all, but a cutted model is a calculate view of a bigger model.
Dwight
Newcomer
Exhausted memory is usually a sign of a corrupted element. While reducing layers seems to relieve the strain of building the model file, it also might turn off the layer containing the problem element.

Sometimes users have turned off their error messages - see the report for possible warnings that might be a clue about the corruption.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am thinking the problem is the JPG I am using ... it is a larger size than the other JPG skins.
Here is the interior of the model ... you can only imagine what the exterior is because I can render it ... teh brck is fine here but on the exterior since thre is a lot of it I am guessing it freezes.

I will try turning the lamps off and the furniture off ... if that does not work I will change the brick and see if that is the problem.

I am using the Education version and dont know it it would be different than the full license ... I doubt it would be different.