Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Not all Beams show in "Core of Load-Bearing Elements Only" mode

Miner
Contributor

I'm trying to show all my beams in "Core of Load-Bearing Elements Only" mode.  I have a couple types but both are Beams.  In the "Segment" section when I change between the structure profile shape, one style (rectangular) shows and the other (complex) hides.  They both are shown as load-bearing elements.

Any idea how to get the complex beam to show in "Core of Load-Bearing Elements Only" mode.  Not only does this help when designing the framing, the complex beam show the 'X' through the beam in the section views.

Archicad 26 Solo
iMac 27" 3.8GHz i7
8GB RAM
3 REPLIES 3

I don’t use beams much with complex profiles but I know with composite structures you have to define the ‘core’ elements of the composite. Do you need to define which parts are the ‘core’ in the complex profile of the beam. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
JeffH
Enthusiast

Within the Complex Profile Dialog, you need to assign the fills to be CORE

JeffH_0-1676671107141.png

AC24 / AC26
Win10

Thank you both!  The tip of using fills as the core worked.

Interestedly, I couldn't get my object(s) to work with core, I had to start from an object that worked and modified it to meet my needs.  I did find that in order to get an "X" to show up on the beam in the sections window was to split the core fill into 4 triangles to form an "X" in cross section.

Appreciate your help!

Archicad 26 Solo
iMac 27" 3.8GHz i7
8GB RAM